Sunday, April 6, 2008

What Adam's Been Up To

Before I post more about my Easter Holiday, I want to post about how things are going with Adam, his family, us, and our plans for his visit!

With three exams and a presentation, last week was pretty busy for Adam. He made it through well, just as I expected, with some high scores! After the rush of midterms, this coming week shouldn't be too bad for him, class-wise.

Aside from class, he got his living arrangements for next year sorted out. He was having trouble finding something for the fall semester only since he'll be Studying Abroad in Italy next spring. He contacted the Study Abroad office, asked around for anyone who was going to be studying abroad during the fall, and guess what! He's signed a one-bedroom lease for a room in a four-bedroom apartment at College Station. He's going to live there in the fall, then a random person whom he contacted through the Study Abroad office is going to take over in the spring when Adam's in Italy. Brilliant! I'm so glad that worked out so well for Adam. Plus! College Station is pretty close to where I'll be living with Nick Peelman; just right down the road!

Adam and I have been working on our plan for when he visits. At first we were thinking something like this:

1st weekend: road trip to Uluru
2nd weekend: sail around the Whitsunday Islands
3rd weekend: Fiji

We scratched the road trip to Uluru since it's so far away, too long a drive for 2 people, and with my classes the dates were too few. Then we thought, well, let's do a road trip from Brisbane to Sydney to Adelaide and back to Brisbane. Had to scratch that because we learned that the weekend in the Whitsunday Islands was going to be pretty expensive. So here's what we're doing now:

1st weekend: Byron Bay (staying in a hotel or a cabin for 3 nights, surfing, relaxing on the beach)
2nd weekend: Whitsunday Islands, specifically looking into Daydream Island
3rd weekend: Fiji

So right now we've got our Greyhound bus trips booked to and from Byron Bay for that weekend. Got some good deals on it with the Buy One Get One Half Of promotion (yay!). Currently I'm working to find a nice hotel or cabin for the weekend. I'm most interested in a rainforest cabin resort that is a few miles out of Byron Bay. = ) I'm waiting for his feedback on a few places I looked into, so we'll see what happens.

After Adam's exams and presentations he was able to unwind with a special visit from some Indy friends, Dick and Danielle. They all went out for a good time at the Neon Cactus (oh, how I miss that place). He said he had a great time. For the weekend he went home to celebrate his grandparent's 57th anniversary! (Congratulations!!!) While home he also went out to dinner with his parents and friends Kevin and April, then to see The Rolling Stones at the IMAX.

When I got back from Easter Holiday I learned that Adam had visited my family for an Easter dinner (Mom said he loved Grandma's hors d'oeuvres and left-overs.) Any way, he said he had a great time and my family enjoyed his company over the holiday. I really wish I could have been there, but (hehe) I was in Tasmania. = P

Hearing about how he'd been spending time with my family got me to thinking about how I'm missing his family. I'm sad that I am so far away and unable to join him to family events like birthday and anniversary celebration (oh, I miss his family). So, I asked Adam to give me the latest news on what everyone's been up to. Here's the scoop:

Ed & Karan have recently finished remodeling their bedroom. I'm sure it looks wonderful, judging by the rest of their house and how awesome the decor is. Karan has also just finished her first rasterbated image. I can't wait to see it!

Amber & Mikey are doing well, keeping up with their little angels, Ava and June (who turns 3 on May 12!). Adam said that Ava has really taken to her Uncle Adam (awe!), and that Junie is starting to talk more! = )

Lauren & Wyatt recently returned from Peurta Vallarta (I bet that was a great trip!), and Jade is living it up in Chicago. So, as you can see, Adam's family is doing very well. But I miss them so!

*Sigh... 33 days until May 9th. Oh, I get giddy thinking about it! That weekend in Byron Bay I'm going to teach him (well, do my best to "teach" him, haha) to surf! = )

-Amanda

No comments: