Monday, April 28, 2008

To Sydney!

Hello, hello!

Tomorrow I head to Sydney! Lots of things to see, namely the Opera House and Harbor, but also the Blue Mountains and the statue of Mr. Matthew Flinders and his cat, Trim. I'm hoping to try out kangaroo pizza at the Australian Hotel, too! I return on Tuesday, and am not sure if/when I'll have access to the Internet. Send emails, and I'll reply to them as I can. = )

New Photos Up:
Three Events

Aussie Slang:
*bulldog = rabbit ear paper clip thingy
*robot = traffic light (this is actually South African slang)
*chook = chicken
*billy = pot (i.e., as referenced in Waltzing Matilda)
*swag = a large sleeping bag

Our final schedules were made available this week. Here's what mine looks like (not too shabby at all):
*Creative Writing- take home exam during Week 13 (this week is Week 9, BTW)
*Australia Culture & Society - exam during Week 13
*German - exam on June 19 (2 weeks of studying after Week 13)
*Core Project Management - exam on June 20

After my last final I hope to do some sight-seeing. Main goal is Uluru, but it's going to cost a pretty penny. I'll keep you posted with my plans between the end of finals and my return.

Countdowns:
*Sydney in 1 day!
*Adam visits in 10 days!
*Adam's 22nd Birthday in 32 days!
*I return to to the US in 72!

A random tidbits:
*I learned in German class the other day: "kohls" is the German word for cabbage. Haha.
*I am sending a lot of mail home in the next day or two.
*The best hot chocolate I've had here came from Dusk, a coffee/bar at QUT's equivalent of "The Union."
*It's becoming chilly enough here in the evenings that I may be investing in a space heater. Crazy.

Okay, must be going. Have a great rest of the week, and I'll post when I get back from Sydney! Cheers!

-Amanda

No comments: