Thursday, April 3, 2008

My First Sonnet: Father's Coin

Father's Coin

The day I left he gave to me a coin.
So priceless, old and dull, my memories.
To keep it near, he bid to me. To join
Me on my journey. Silver, salt in breeze.

The token his before now mine, at ease
I am to think of it. He held back tears
And tucked the coin. There were no extra fees.
In this fine moment I could see its years.

The tarnished silver chip of metal, Nears
Another journey to be had. It gave
My father things a many, he still steers
Me distantly. Again it rides a wave.

Now gazing patiently in palm it lies.
My trip begins at home and ends with skies.

1 comment:

Adam Woods said...

Wow baby, great job. You have a real talent for creative things that I don't think you fully realize. Your drawings are beautiful and your words equally brilliant. I can wait to see what you do next.

I love you,

Adam