Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Relatively Recent Random Recollections

This post is just exactly what its title says: random thoughts from relatively recent times.

I wanted to share with you all that I am really excited about going to Fiji! Of course my main excitement is because I will be spending the weekend there with Adam. Another source of excitement is that my Grandpa Baugher served in Fiji during WWII. I love to think of him singing his Fiji song and telling me stories about watching movies in Fiji and seeing the Fiji men sneaking around to watch the movie, too. I just wanted to share that bit with you guys. I love my Grandpa, I'm proud of him, and I'm excited to visit somewhere he once was.

I've been trying all sorts of new candies! Some Australian and some Norwegian! Tonight Inga shared Non-Stops with me - they are basically M&Ms that look like Sprees. Very tasty as it's chocolate. = ) Australian lollies: Curly-Wurly, Kit-Kat Cookie Dough and Picnic. All quite yummy!

I've not forgotten to post about some Aussie slang!
*face fungus = beard and/or mustache
*Gabba - QLD Cricket ground at Woolloongabba
*half your luck = congratulations
*icypole = frozen lolly
*stiff shit = tough shit (haha, Inga got a kick out of that one when Tamara (more on her in an up-coming post about Fraser Island) used the phrase)
*jaffa - orange-flavoured choclage ball
*kark It - die
*lippie - lipstick

I finally got a phone! I'm an Optus member using the cheapest, most basic phone ever. It's a pre-paid plan, so that's a bit different. It was nice being phone-free, but it's also nice to have a form of communication with loved ones back home if any emergency was to arise and they needed to get in touch with me quickly.

Sam's girlfriend had her 15th birthday about 2 weeks ago (I found out late) but want to wish her a Happy Belated Birthday! Sam, tell her to expect a birthday card and small gift in about a week and a half. = )

I got two letters today! One from my dear Kristin and one from my Momma! Each brought so much happiness! Speaking of packages, I got an Easter package from home the day before I left for my Easter Holiday! There were "swee-eez" (<--- that's how the Scottish say candies, haha) and a card and a little stuffed bunny who sits upon my bookshelf! I loved it! Thank you so much everyone!

Having such an awful diet on the Noosa trip inspired me to devise a workout plan. I went through one of my Women's Health magazines and took some notes on recommendations of what exercises to engage in and how often/week to do them. I created a little monthly map of what to do and plan to put it into effect starting Sunday. This week is going to be the warm-up week to ease me into the plan. Watch out Mom and Adam, I'm back in business for that Nike+ Challenge!

I bought a new book recently: Chocolat. Iain told me about this gem of a second-hand bookstore down Charlotte Street - such a wonderful little shop! Millions of books - old and new about EVERYTHING! I spent an hour there and left with a single book, haha. I'm excited to read it, though, and then watch the movie.

So this week it's back to school. Today I finished unpacking from Easter Holidays, chatted with Adam (always the best part of my day!), reworked the plan for when Adam visits, did the email and Facebook thing, grabbed much-needed groceries and went to German lecture. I also began organizing my photos from break. I've got round about 850 photos. I know. "Good Lord, that's ridiculous" is the correct response, haha. I won't be able to upload all of them to Facebook even (well, maybe? but it would take me ages), but I'll sure to get the good ones up at least - there will be plenty, don't worry.

For now I'm going to get some stuff done around the room, read and get to bed. I love you all and miss you all! Let me know how things are back home! It's always so pleasant to hear from you guys!

-Amanda

No comments: