Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update via Email to Adam

Hello, darling!

It was such a sweet surprise to wake up and see an email from you this morning! It made my day so bright, and what a wonderful start!

It sounds like you had a good time at The Cactus with everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed the Piano Bar and had fun dancing. Yeah, I can only imagine the length of the line with it being Grand Prix week; I'm surprised the place wasn't packed, though. Mmm... I long for Hookah!

A light-up frisbee? That's pretty cool. I'm sure you enjoyed throwing the disc around. You'll be happy to know I've spotted a few nice locations for some frisbee, so don't forget to pack one. = )

Did you dress up for Breakfast Club?! Jeesh - an hour wait! Yuck! Sounds like it was a great Breakfast Club, despite the wait. I can't wait to celebrate with you again this fall! I was thinking about doing Sandy Olsson as one of my costumes.

Glad to hear you made it through the HfH session, and I'm glad the weather was bearable.

Mmmm! What I would give for a home-cooked meal! God, I can't wait for Thanksgiving, haha! How are Jade and Lauren? The 'rents? The pups?

John Pav's visit is going well. His flight was delayed Friday night, so we finally got to my place at 4am on Saturday, haha - poor guy. He's had quite a bit of transit-trouble. Any way, we got up 2 hours later, and headed to Stradbroke where it rained all day, haha. It was still fun with John Pav and Inga, though. When we were at Brown Lake (a tea tree oil lake) it wasn't raining (yay!) so we splashed around a bit, but I didn't even have my suit on since I predicted crappy rain. Any way, we went to a beach but it was pouring so we went to town and visited this Aboriginal art shop - a lot of really neat stuff there. I saw a few I'd like to buy, but they were still out of my budget. If I make it to Uluru I'll be sure to get some Aboriginal art work. Still, we had a nice time, the three of us.

We got back around 5:30 and went straight for dinner at the pancake place on Charlotte. SO good! Not so great service-wise, but the meal was very satisfying after a long, dreary day. We got back to my place, napped, showered up and the three of us went to The Dunda Bar. Spent a while there, then headed to the Brew House. The Dunda Bar was all right; we had fun dancing to some good non-techno music. The Brew House was great, though, because there was a live band. You would have loved them! They were playing Fuel, Third Eye Blind and some classic rock. I really enjoyed their cover of Shimmer and Blue Suede Shoes/Memphis song (not sure of its title).

Today we all slept in. I cleaned the kitchen because I couldn't fix breakfast in a filthy kitchen, and it had gotten pretty bad. So I cleaned up and made some scrambled eggs and toast with Nutella. I had some strawberries and watermelon, too. Not sure how John Pav turned the fruit down; he must be ill.

We freshened up and I took him on a stroll of Brisbane. We tanned for about 45 minutes since it turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day. We strolled through the Sunday markets, walked along the river bank, went through Queen Street Mall, down through the Botanical Gardens, around QUT campus, and had dinner at a cafe in the Queen Street Mall. We've just got back, and I've got to work on a post for Creative Writing that's due tonight.

Sounds like everyone in the house is going to be going out tonight for Judith's birthday - destination: Normanby's. Drinking is scheduled to start around 7p so I'll probably hold of until 8 or 9, then we'll head out. Should be fun and not too late of a night. Tomorrow I've got lots of errands I want to run. Not sure what I'll do until John's gotta leave for his flight. We'll probably hang out and then I'll walk him to the train station. I've got some research due for German, too. Damn, almost forgot I had to do that still.

Well, you should send some photos if you can! I'd love to see them! I'll be sure to get mine posted soon. Although I'm still behind with posting the Easter Holiday ones, haha. You know me...

I love you, baby.

Love always,

Amanda