Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Photos & st00f

Ah, back into the groove. Went on a 45 minute run yesterday. It was pretty bad since I snacked on some gummies while I laid out before the run, but I'm very happy I ran. Felt sick afterwards, and Inga wasn't feeling well either so we laid on my bed and chatted a bit. It was a nice discussion.

Today has been very good. Got a lot of rest last night, up at 8, breakfast with some great OJ, chatted with Adam = ) and headed to class. We watched a movie today and class let out early. I've just grabbed lunch from Subway (forgot to pack my PBJ), and here I am!

Some photo links:

-Adam's Ultimate Frisbee photos (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2344834&l=c54e3&id=13700420)
-Baugher Christmas 2007 Party (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2344842&l=bb418&id=13700420)
-Bennett Christmas 2007 Party (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2345056&l=6f4ff&id=13700420)
-Norsk Pub Crawl & The Fox (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2345205&l=f43c0&id=13700420)
-International Student Pub Crawl (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2345185&l=0e9b3&id=13700420)

Some differences between the USA and Australia that I noticed over Easter Holiday:

-backpacker accommodation is much better in Australia than in the USA
-Jetstar (a local Australian flight servicer) has no complimentary drinks
-Tasmania has heaters in the hostel rooms and Queensland has fans
-pay phones are all over the place
-round abouts are abundant
-Tasmania hot water turns are on the right side of the sinks

I've tried some new lollies:
-Maltesers (like Whoppers but with a lining of caramel, I think?)
-Pantheon Nougot (there was a small bar of this in the Valentine's pack from home, but they make them in big bars, too)

So what am I up to this week? Well, tomorrow I'll be on Kelvin Grove most of the day. I'll probably be low key or go for a run (depending on if I manage a run in the morning or not?). Friday I'm planning on laying out and enjoying the day. Might run errands if they pop up between now and Friday (hopefully not). Saturday I'm going to the Gold Coast and LEARNING TO SURF!!! I can't wait! Inga is going, and maybe Rudy, too! Also, some girls I met at Fraser Island are going on the trip to surf, too: Amy and Sammi.

Oh! There are some new videos up on Facebook. They are from Fraser Island. Darn, just learned that I can't share Facebook videos like I can the photos. If you're on Facebook be sure to check out the videos. If you're not on Facebook, make it so and then add me as a friend! = )

-Amanda

No comments: